Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thank You!

It's Thanksgiving Day and I wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!

According to a website, "
Thanksgiving Day is traditionally a day for families and friends to get together for a special meal. The meal often includes a turkey, stuffing, potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy, pumpkin pie, and vegetables. Thanksgiving Day is a time for many people to give thanks for what they have." 
(Read the full article here.) 

It is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in USA every year. With time it has found favours in other countries also, and is not celebrated in USA and Canada alone. Each country celebrates it with its own flavours and traditions. Read how various countries celebrate Thanksgiving day here.


Overall I find the concept of Thanksgiving Day very nice, and it would be nice if families in India too start celebrating this day. Western influences are nice if they lead to a better society. What do you think?


By the way, if I had to thank someone it would be my family (including all my cousins) for being my pillars through thick and thin, and believing in me when I didn't believe in me myself.

No comments: